Wed, Jan 26 | The Anchorage Camp
Ministry Conference: "Dealing With Depression"
"The Christian and Depression – Finding Hope, Giving Hope"
Time & Location
Jan 26, 6:00 PM – Jan 28, 1:30 PM
The Anchorage Camp, 412 Lakeshore Dr, Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450, USA
About The Event
Dave Saxton will be our guest speaker for the Ministry Conference on “Dealing with Depression.” The goals of this conference are:
- To provide the participant with a sympathetic understanding and realistic picture of what it is like for Christians to suffer depression,
- To equip the participant with the biblical passages and Christ-focused theology of hope necessary to help him/her to think biblically and God-centered while struggling with dark and sour feelings,
- To convince the participant that in their own depression, God has a perfectly wise plan, and that He is more concerned about their growth in grace and humble dependence upon Christ, than if they are feeling happy all the time,
- To begin to prepare the participant to counsel those suffering depression in how to persevere in a way that honors God and graciously helps the sufferer, and
- To be familiar with excellent Christian resources and the various schools of thought so that you can continue your biblical study on the topic of depression.
- Session One: “Where is God when I am really Depressed? Depression and the Psalms.”
- Session Two: “What is It Like to Be Depressed? Certain and Potential Causes of Depression.”
- Session Three: “The Christian Mind: Thinking Truthfully While Suffering Depression.”
- Session Four: “Learning to Rejoice in a Finished Salvation of Grace: Combating Depression with a Christian Theology of Hope.”
- Couples Cottage - $282 (Limited Availability)
- Single Occupancy Cottage - $167 (Limited Availability)
- Premium Multiple Occupancy Cottage - $157
- Standard Multiple Occupancy Cottage - $147
- Off-Site - $97